Benefits of Einkorn: Einkorn is a fairly rare variety of grain, so some of you may be going "What the heck is Einkorn?"
Einkorn is man's first known variety of cultivated wheat.It is full of nutrition - works as an immunity booster, helps prevent cancer & heart disease, creates energy in the body and slows aging, and is also good for keeping the eyes in healthy condition.
Einkorn is considered by many experts to be the oldest form of cultivated wheat, with findings as early as 16,000-15,000 BC.
The wheat we eat today isn’t like what they ate thousands of years ago. In nutrition sampling tests, Einkorn has been found to be a “more nutritious” grain. Einkorn contains higher levels of protein, essential fatty acids, phosphorous, potassium, pyridoxine (B6),and beta-carotene (lutein).
The Einkorn flour is characterized by high protein, high ash, a very high carotene content, and small flour particle size when compared to the modern bread wheats.’s a reason people ate this stuff for thousands of years and called it the staff of life.
Here are some interesting facts we have learned about the nutritional content and health benefits of einkorn:
· Wheat gluten studies have found einkorn wheat may be non-toxic to suffers of gluten intolerance.
· Einkorn wheat has 14 chromosomes while modern wheats have 42 (Friendlier to the body’s digestive system)
· Einkorn contains 3 to 4 times more beta-carotene than modern wheats (Boosts immunity, helps prevent cancer and heart disease)
· Einkorn contains 2 times more Vitamin A (retinol equivalent) than modern wheats (Healthy eyes, reproductive organs and prevention of many cancers)
· Einkorn contains 3 to 4 times more lutein than modern wheats (Prevention of macular degeneration and cataracts)
· Einkorn contains 4-5 times more riboflavin than modern wheats (Used by the body to create energy and is an antioxidant that slows aging)
Einkorn is a “hulled” wheat, whereas modern wheats are not.The hull can protect the grain from stray chemical contamination and insects making it an easier grain to grow ORGANICALLY!
The Einkorn Berries can be used as rice or ground into flour.
I will never buy rice again after using the Einkorn Berry!